Project manager is responsible for managing projects independently across a broad range of business issues, leveraging insights from all departmental capabilities to influence strategies and tactics. Responsible for the execution of the Shopper Team strategy by partnering with merchants and loyalty insights to advise on assortment, merchandising, pricing, marketing and promotional strategies. Handles complex projects from start to finish and provides oversight, mentoring and coaching to junior Project Managers. Responsible for communicating back to the business groups to take action and presenting to all levels of management.
• Partner with customers to develop actionable customer insights that to help merchandising to grow category sales in the marketplace through best in class assortment, merchandising, pricing, marketing and promotional strategies/tactics
• Act as expert with in-depth knowledge of loyalty insights and translation into business activation strategies
• Leverage functional expertise, supplier/partner knowledge and industry information to drive thought leadership in merchandising and assist business leaders with tackling pressing issues
• Maintain knowledge of competitive and industry merchandising trends to stay abreast of best practices
• Conduct post-launch assessment of vendor customer centric merchandising initiatives to show ROI
• Work closely with provider and cross functional partners to identify potential business risks and merchandising strategies to deliver business solutions
• Seek out ways to increase operating efficiencies with vendor/partner negotiations, effective budget management and ongoing process/tool assessment
• Oversees and mentors junior Project Managers. Assists the Managers/Directors with complicated projects, broad implications and new methodologies.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years experience conducting business analysis OR High School Diploma/GED and 7 years experience conducting business analysis.
• At least 3 years of project management experience (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
• At least 3 years experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
• Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
• Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
• Retail, CPG, and/or Health and wellness knowledge
• Prior experience working with or within merchandising team
• Prior marketing knowledge
• Experience in the indirect management of team member