This position is fully onsite and Controller experience in a Manufacturing environment is required.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work as an integral member of the senior management team at the factory, providing financial expertise, on a proactive basis.
• Providing a professional financial perspective to the factory and inventory control operations, ensuring that adequate control procedures are in place, especially where there is a risk of material exposure as well as providing factory management with information and guidance, with a view to optimize the use of resources and achieve budget plans.
• Provide leadership to the factory finance team. Establish annual goals and professional development plans, conduct performance reviews. Ensure factory participation on national initiatives.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial plans, including budgets, forecasts and headcount analysis, based on the published timetable.
• Identify potential improvements in cost effectiveness and to make proposals to the appropriate parties.
• Ensure that there is compliance with Nestle accounting policies and procedures, and technical standards.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial and non-financial reports. Train users in the process and educate 'customers' as to the value and purpose of the information produced.
• Implement control procedures and reporting systems in conjunction with others, either as a company project or local initiative.
• Monitor actual financial performance against plan, to prepare variance analyses and coordinate the release of metrics and other information.
• Participate in providing and or verifying information for capital investment applications, capital justifications, and approval sign-off.
• Ensure that all assets are tagged and accounted for in the asset register.
• Ensure that all transfers, disposals and sale of assets are timely and accurately recorded. Do quarterly asset reconciliations and report any variances.
• Participate in productivity improvement proposals and any other factory and warehouse studies.
• Control the accounts payable and payroll processes within the factory.
Key Qualifications include:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA or Masters preferred.
• 7 or more years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting Management experience including Cost Accounting, Finance or General Accounting
• Prior finance experience in a manufacturing or consumer products company at the plant level desired
• Ability to interface effectively with plant and corporate team members and executives
• 3 or more years of experience leading and developing a team of people responsible for accounting and payroll activities.
• Skilled at coaching employees and facilitating process and cultural changes as needed.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, serving with a sense of urgency
• Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with a focus on problem solving skills.
• Strong computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management software, SAP preferred.