The National Account Manager is responsible for the dollar sales and profitable volume growth and winning category product market share in market areas for this customer. This position is also responsible for working closely alongside Sales Operation to execute programming and service standards for gaining share of category.
Build customer relationships with Retailer Market Manger and Regional VP to strengthen other company product positions in all distribution markets and position Company as a strategic partner.
Education and Work History:
- Collaborates with Sales Operation Directors to deliver account sales execution/service goals.
- Secure account approval and execute large scale product displays.
- Facilitate new merchandising improvements aimed at increasing sales and in-store image.
- Initiates account sales building opportunities utilizing all available resources.
- Directing and improving space management strategies for brands
- Analyses critical competitors' activities within the account’s key markets and their impact.
- Provides market-level intelligence on a regular schedule.
- Works directly with National Account Corporate Selling Team (Sales/Category/Planner/Shopper) to ensure alignment of programming and focus that builds corporate brands.
- Maintain focus on corporate social responsibility.
- Lead and educate associates on the continuing advancement of various e-commerce programs.
- Modular integrity execution through DSD partnerships (Including Reset Coordination).
- Utilize category insights and analytics in daily account activities and selling opportunities.
- BA or BS Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business-related field preferred. OR
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years in CPG (Food or Beverage) Sales Management, marketing or selling experience.
- Knowledge of IRI data and the ability to analyze data.
- Strong interactive and communication skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, are required and Margin Minder proficiency.
- Estimated travel +or- 50%.