New England Region Broker Manager responsible for National Account Customers and Broker Account Managers for shelf stable product line. Manager is responsible for delivering the revenue, profit, and market share objectives within allocated budget of the organization by providing outstanding leadership, strategy development, business plan deployment, fact based selling, business analysis and world class tactical execution. Outstanding organization with established product lines.
Flexible location! New England Major Metro preferred but would look at candidates based anywhere in the North East. Candidates must have Grocery National Account and Broker Management Experience.
- Collaborate with the Sales Director and Broker Business Development Managers to develop the strategic and tactical plan for the business within the assigned New England sales territory/geography & National Account Customers.
- Actively participate in the sales team’s strategic operational and financial success by adopting and implementing proven fact based selling techniques, analysis, and reporting, utilizing syndicated data sources and other reputable industry resources to make recommendations and develop sustainable action plans.
- Participate and develop annual broker reviews to maintain best representation, utilizing innovative strategies to drive business results and deliver the company’s revenue, profit, and market share goals while staying within the established budgets.
- Build and maintain positive business relationships with customers, brokers and Headquarter teams in order to facilitate solid forward thinking results oriented partnerships.
- Lead the account planning process and periodic customer business reviews.Develop and implement comprehensive sales presentations to promote and generate sales consistent with customer potential.
- Partner with broker representatives and serve as a resource for market growth opportunities, proposals and programs.Assume a lead role in customer business development, contract negotiations, presentations, and sales calls.
- Leverage syndicated data sources (Nielsen/IRI) in tandem with both Corporate and Broker Category Management resources to provide insight during customer specific category review processes to include category strategy development, full category reviews, assortment, pricing, promotion and shelving tactics.
- Work as leader of cross-functional teams to ensure dedication to customer support in order to maintain quality service, develop unique trade marketing opportunities, engage category management resources and maintain high product service levels in line with customer expectations.
- Track and monitor shipments vs. consumption vs. plan weekly and monthly. Communicate gaps and opportunities with recommended solutions.
- Manage and develop monthly forecasts for both the non-promoted and promoted business
- Analyze promotional activity and determine ROI.Develop recommendations for driving more efficient sales as a result of ongoing promotional analysis.
- Stay informed of new products, marketing strategies and services from competitors.Provide detailed relevant information to the company and broker representatives appropriately.
- Review retail pricing regularly to ensure brands are priced in accordance with company objectives.Develop and execute action plans to adjust pricing where necessary.
- Take a leadership role in strategy development, budget analysis, forecasting and presentation development.
- Conduct periodic market and store level audits to drive improved sales and marketing strategic performance.
- Manage all administrative tasks associated with each customer from a data driven, fact-based perspective (e.g. Adesso, Collaborative Workbook Forecast entry, Off-Line Planning process, deductions, rebills, etc.)
- Outstanding demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent strategic capabilities
- Solid conceptual thinking abilities
- Strong results orientated skills
- Excellent business planning/organizational/project management skills with previous business management/development experience
- Solid understanding of the financial impact of sales and managing within an allocated budget
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain principles/processes
- Understanding of the impact of consumer trends and the food industry
- Demonstrated success in developing business opportunities, identifying customer needs and changes in their markets.
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in developing broker and/or customer relationships
- Excellent ability to manage through indirect relationships
- Excellent negotiation and “closing” skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of fact based selling, category management, consumer goods, and sales & marketing
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Highly Skilled at data analysis using Nielsen and/or other technology resources to perform analysis and recommend strategies
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent trade relations