ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER, Digital & Shopper
The Associate Brand Manager (ABM) is a key participant in the management of national brand portfolio. The Associate Brand Manager’s primary responsibility is assisting the Brand Manager in defining business strategies and creating and executing marketing plans to meet short and long-term sales, share and profit goals. As a portfolio manager, the ABM helps to define, protect and deliver upon the brand’s positioning and equity to achieve financial well-being for their brands. This position requires the ability to work independently to provide analysis of sales and industry trends and requires the ability to lead cross functional teams with members from Sales, Customer Marketing, Operations, R&D and Finance in identifying and innovating solutions to commercialization projects, business issues and opportunities.
Marketing Program Development and Execution (30%)
– Become an expert on the Product consumer including: demographics, purchase behavior, market segmentation. Key responsibility of digital marketing against SEO, SEM, Social Media, PR/Influencer programs, and content development working with agency partners.
Shopper Marketing, E-commerce Execution (20%)
– Collaborate with Shopper Marketing director, agency partners to ensure brand strategies and plans are clearly executed. Lead the content development on E-commerce and drive flawless execution.
Marketing Commercialization (20%)
- Support commercialization projects by managing development of the new item or packaging NPD, from coordination of item set up, item spec definition, new packaging design, forecast, financials and timelines; seamless coordination with Packaging Engineering, Special Markets, Operations (production planning and supply chain), Sales, Legal and external suppliers, to act as the voice of Marketing during the development process.
Marketing Budget Planning and Forecasting (20%)
–Track actuals, forecast spend and follow through the complete brand budgeting proces. Manage new product forecasting and work collaboratively with cross functional members to complete process.
Business Analysis (10%) –
Create reports and provide analyses of sales trends by brand, SKU and customer. Proactively mine data to anticipate problems, identify opportunities and to understand competitive activity and its impact on the brands, to include velocity analysis, pricing and distribution. Create situational assessments and go forward recommendations for the brands as a key input into annual planning process.
- Good understanding of principles and best practice around SEO, website development, SEM, social media communication.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Passion for brands, marketing, operations and business development.
- Strong analytical skills to mine data and create analyses.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work cross-functionally.
- General understanding of consumer research methodologies.
- General financial acumen to understand P&L statements and ROI analysis.
- Proficient use Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to use IRI (or other syndicated data source).
- Preferred understanding of US retail food trade classes through cross-functional relationships.
- Accountable, results-oriented, trustworthy, persuasive, team player, proactive and innovative.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with MBA (preferred) or other Bachelor’s degree with MBA with 2-3 years of marketing-related experience.
Types of Background Desired:
Nielsen/IRI data mining
Supply chain understanding