National Account Manager will represent company products with customers and broker personnel as a strategic partner. They are responsible for delivering the revenue, profit, and market share objectives within allocated budget by providing outstanding leadership, strategy development, business plan deployment, fact based selling, business analysis and world class tactical execution.
Focusing in on leveraging consumer, customer and category insights, to help identify actionable strategies and tactics, which will profitably grow the business at Kroger will be paramount to the success of the candidate in this role
SETTING THE COURSE FOR SUCCESS
- Provide measurable objectives
- Eliminate unproductive distractions
- Deliver ongoing direction and leadership
- Collaborate internally with other internal departments and teams on concepts and programs for the Kroger business.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Sr. Director and broker team to develop the strategic and tactical “blue print” for the business within Kroger utilizing various tracking and insights tools (IRI, 84.51, Panel Data, Market 6 etc.).
- Develop and execute customer-specific trade (event) marketing opportunities, which are strategically aligned to the mutual needs of the end consumer, Kroger, and Company.
- Actively manage and support Sr. Director in the account planning process and customer business reviews.
- Develop and implement comprehensive sales presentations to promote and generate sales consistent with customer potential.
- Build and maintain positive business relationships with customer Category Managers, brokers and Headquarters team in order to facilitate solidify forward thinking results and partnerships.
- Utilize IRI database, Advantage and category analyst to provide insight during the Kroger Kompass & CCO processes to include category strategy development, full category review, assortment, pricing, promotion and shelving.
- Partner with broker representatives and serve as a resource for market growth opportunities, proposals and programs.Assume a lead role in customer business development, contract negotiations, presentations, and sales calls.
- Track and monitor shipments vs consumption vs plan weekly and monthly.Communicate gaps and opportunities with recommended solutions.
- Manage and develop monthly forecasts for base and promotional business
- Analyze Promotional Activity and determine ROI.Develop recommendations for driving more efficient sales as a result of promotional analysis.
- Develop and execute key customer insights business plan with sound activation that meets/exceeds company goals.
- Review retail pricing to ensure companies brands are priced in accordance with company objectives.Develop and execute action plan to adjust pricing where necessary.
- Participate and develop annual broker reviews to maintain “A” players, utilizing innovative strategies to driving business results and deliver the company’s revenue, profit, and market share goals within budget.
- Work as leader of cross-functional teams to ensure dedication to customer support in order to maintain quality service, develop unique trade marketing opportunities, engage category management resources and maintain high product fill rates in line with customer expectations.
- Stay informed of new products, marketing strategies and services of competitors.Provide such information to Sr. Director, HQ and broker representatives appropriately.
- Manage performance and trade marketing funds in accordance with budget allocation..
- Conduct periodic market and store visits to drive sales/marketing strategy performance.
- Actively participate in the sales team’s strategic operational and financial success by adopting and implementing proven fact based selling techniques, analysis, and reporting, utilizing IRI and other reputable industry resources to make recommendations and develop action plans.
- Manage all administrative tasks associated with business unit requirements from a data driven fact-based orientation.TPM, transfer of information to Broker, off-line planners, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Outstanding demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent strategic capabilities
- Solid conceptual thinking abilities
- Strong results orientated skills
- Excellent business planning/organizational/project management skills with previous business management/development experience
- Solid understanding of the financial impact of sales and managing within an allocated budget
- Understanding of the impact of consumer trends and the food industry
- Demonstrated success in developing business opportunities, identifying customer needs and changes in their markets.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to manage through indirect relationships
- Excellent negotiation and “closing” skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of fact based selling, category management, consumer goods, and sales & marketing
- Highly Skilled at data analysis using IRI, Market 6 and/or other technology resources to perform analysis and recommend strategies.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent trade relations
Education: Bachelors Degree Required (Business, Marketing preferred), with 5 - 10
years consumer goods sales (preferably with (Kroger) and broker management experience