Senior Brand Manager will drive brand profitability and sales through development of brand strategies, marketing plans, new products, packaging and promotional programs, while refining strategic thought-leadership behaviors and skills. Senior Brand Manager will oversee direct reports and additional brand volume either through growth of business or through additional brands.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility:
- Drive all strategic activities that support brand objectives including annual planning, advertising development, new product launches and packaging. Maintain consistent pipeline of growth initiatives in the brand portfolio (i.e. line extensions, new products, etc.)
- Act as the Brand Champion to manage P & L to deliver planned sales and profit. Forecast and develop annual budget, oversee and manage spend.
- Manage media placement/relations to align with brand initiatives to deliver planned advertising, promotions and programs maximizing investment and supporting brand growth.
- Research and anticipate category and market trends to develop and execute annual and long-range business plan, including solid analyses that support overall brand recommendations.
- Partner with Sales team on annual planning and trade presentations via participation in sales calls to retailers, trade show attendance.
- Identify all relevant Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) and security aspects (e.g. set up and review SHE plans, requirements, procedures and instructions) and assess the corresponding risks related to the position and the department, make sure these are known, understood and can be handled by colleagues and reports; lead by example; show real SHE leadership by setting standards and encouraging colleagues and reports to act (SHE) responsible for their wellbeing; organize involvement in SHE and security matters; encourage and/or report all incidents (e.g. injuries, near misses, possible SHE hazards, etc.)and provide follow-up to any incidents such that the organization will learn from incidents.
- In this role, you will report directly to Director Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience with CPG brand marketing required
- Experience directly managing others required
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of brand management/marketing.
- Budgeting, forecasting and analytical skills required
- Broad knowledge of industry, in-depth knowledge of CPG products, packaging and competitive marketplace.
- Proven experience in CPG required; experience marketing digestive health products preferred
- Extensive knowledge of industry, in-depth knowledge of CPG products, packaging and competitive markets and understanding of brand management/marketing
- P/L management strongly preferred
- CPG background required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present internally and externally.
- Required travel of up to 15% (domestic and internationally) to attend consumer research/focus groups, trade shows and/or customer meetings